2021 Food Hub Training Sessions:
Thursday, May 20, 2021 6-7:15pm, Join Via ZOOM
This session will be recorded for those who can’a make it!
- 2021 Producer Meeting (2/2/21) – 5 Year Review & 2021 Overview (w/ software training slides) – Tuesday, February 2, 5:30-6:30
- Additional 2021 Vendor Training Sessions TBD (mid-summer)
- Video recording of 4/15/20 Vendor Training Session
Spring 2021 Upcoming Events:
- February 15th – Pre-application for Micro Grants due:
- February 23rd – AK Cottage Food Producers Workshop: https://www.akfoodpolicycouncil.org/new-events
- March 20th – Women in Ag Conference; Details coming… firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 8th- Salmon Safe Agriculture Webinar: Details coming… robbi@Inletkeeper.org
- April 9th – Alaska Farmers Market Association One-Day Summit: Details coming… email@example.com
- Stay connected – Homer Soil & Water Newsletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Buy Local, GROW LOCAL!”
Join us for our 3rd Alaska Farmers Market Conference
April 3-4, 2020 Virtually, from Anywhere with Internet!
Alaska is experiencing the most agricultural growth in the entire nation! Farmers’ markets are also enjoying a renaissance throughout the nation, and have begun to spring up all over Alaska. While our short growing season and cold climate offer many challenges to our farmers, farmers’ markets are thriving across Alaska. In 2005 the Division of Agriculture listed 13 markets throughout the State. In 2014 that number grew to 37, and in 2019, there were more than 50 markets throughout the state! Markets and farming have become a thriving part of Alaska’s economy. Our conference theme, “Buy Local, Grow Local,” highlights how markets are a vital piece of local economies.
Join market organizers and supporters, farmers and vendors, from around the state for a weekend devoted to growing your farmers’ market! Share ideas, develop new skills and strengthen your support network.
Upcoming 2018 Vendor Training & Information Session:
Wednesday, April 25, 6:30-8pm, Palmer – Vagabond Blues (Info Session)
Wednesday, May 23, 9-11am, Anchorage, Church of Love
Wednesday, May 23, 7-9m, Palmer, UAF Experiment Farm
Saturday, April 14, 10am-11:30am, Homer Soil & Water Conservation District
Wednesday, April 18, 5:30-7pm, Homer Soil & Water Conservation District
Thursday, May 24, 5:30-7pm, Homer Public Library
*Office Hours During April-May at Homer Food Hub Location, Alaska Wild Emporium
Thursday, April 12, 6:30-8:30pm, Cook Inlet Aquaculture Center
Growing Success: Strategies for Small Farms
March 4, 2017 – Best Marketing Practices for Food Vendors
Presented by Kathy Zeman, Minnesota State Farmers Market Association
Kachemak Community Center, 3:30-5pm