Give it a try! Place THREE ORDERS with no commitment to join.
Simply sign-up and select your pick-up location (Homer, Ninilchik Seldovia, or Soldotna) and place an order. If you place a fourth order, a yearly membership fee of $1-100 is required (sliding scale- pay what you can)
Homer: Opens May 1st – November 4th
Wednesday Pick-up, 3-6pm at Sister Ship in Old Town, 195 Bunnell St., Ste A
(to right of Two Sisters Bakery, in front of Public Health)
Ninilchik: Opens May 15th – October 14th
Wednesday Pick-up, 3-7pm at Ninilchik Health & Wellness Club, 15971 Sterling Hwy
(behind the General Store)
Soldotna: Opens May 15th – October 14th
Wednesday Pick-up, 4-7pm at Soldotna Cook Inletkeeper Community Action Studio – 35911 Kenai Spur Hwy Ste 13 (near the Mattress Ranch)
Seldovia: Opens May 22nd – October 7th
Wednesday Pick-up, Afternoon at Airport @ Smokey Bay Air Terminal
This is how it works:
- Producers add and update their own inventory and pricing on the Alaska Food Hub website.
- Buyers shop online from multiple farms, compare products, and read farmer profiles – learn about each product, growing methods, and certifications
- Buyers choose a pick-up location (Homer, Ninilchik, Seldovia, or Soldotna) and pay online by credit card.
- Additional items may be ordered throughout the ordering cycle. Your card is charged after the pick-up date.
- If you find yourself in a different pick-up location area, you can order from there too- you’ll just need to pick up your order at the specified location.
- Farmers receive orders by email and harvest, pack and deliver all of their orders to the pick-up location before your scheduled pick-up window. Farmers are paid weekly, by the Food Hub.
The Alaska Food Hub aims to save time and money for farmers and their customers. Customers can order from multiple farms and pay through one website. Customers pick-up from a single location, during a set time and day.
Single aggregated pick-up is convenient for customers and reduces carbon footprint significantly. Farmers spend less money and far less time off the farm by delivering to a single location.